The skin is the largest organ in our body and one of its main functions is the protection of external factors such as bacteria, pollution, temperature, among others.
As you can see, all the time the skin is exposed and if we do not take care of it and consent periodically, it will be affected, not only in its appearance, but also in health.
Recommendations to take care of your skin
Exposure to the sun, changes in temperature, the environment and air conditioning are some of the dehydration factors of the skin and no one is saved from them, it is for this reason that keeping skin hydrated is not exclusive to women, nor is it related to the issue of age. All without discussion, we should have cleaning and hydration routines that help us combat external factors:
Some of the good practices are:
- Daily cleaning: this in order to prevent the pores from closing and eliminate their impurities.
- Never go to sleep without removing your makeup: doing so is a direct mistreatment to the skin, it will not be able to breathe properly at night and pores can become clogged.
- Use moisturizing cream: Moisturizing creams are an excellent ally for the skin, there are many on the market, each with characteristics that you can select according to your skin type.
- Avoid excessive cleaning of the skin, although there are many contaminating factors, the idea is to follow a healthy cleaning routine. Cleaning products are designed to be used once or twice a day, exceeding this frequency can also lead to more dryness or other dermatological problems.
Protect your skin
- Remember that the sun is always present, regardless of whether the days are cloudy or sunny, the sun\’s rays are always there, therefore, the use of sunscreen should be daily. If your day to day is longer outdoors, it is recommended to apply every four hours to reinforce its protective effect.
- Eating habits are also determining factors for the appearance of the skin, for example, among the good habits are:
- Drink plenty of water
- Consume fruits and vegetables
- Sleep well
- Antioxidants are a great ally, and this can be found in some foods and creams on the market.
These are some factors that do not favour skin health:
- Cigarettes are one of the main enemies of radiant skin, without counting the innumerable damages to health, giving up exercise is a great decision that will radically change a person\’s life
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Foods high in fat
We recommend establishing cleaning habits, purchasing the right products for your skin type, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. In case your skin already has consequences or requires specialized treatments, the recommendation is to go to the dermatologist and follow their instructions.